Thursday 26 September 2013

Refuse to Re-Use - A welcome note

During this 7 week residency there have been a few occasions where I've thought about whether any of this makes any sense - then I spot another interesting object and I'm up and running again.
So it was really encouraging to come in to the studio this morning to find a hand written note - the writer left his name but I will keep this to myself for the moment.

The note says, 

"That is the artist's role - to strike out always for something new, to break away, to defy, to - to grapple with the unfamiliar ..."
He staggered out to the terrace, confronted the long shallow steps, stared towards the ever-changing aspect of parkland.
Only the familiar ghosts confronted him, the deserted webs of other lives, other epochs.




No comments:

Post a Comment