Friday 13 September 2013

Refuse to Re-Use - Week six round up

I am coming to the end of this Residency - in Venice for the Biennale next week and then my final week at the Recycling Centre.
Highlights of this week have been watching the highly skilful vehicle operators flattening the stainless steel and aluminium objects, experimenting with framing parts of the site with a gold frame, the mystery object and discussing the value of copper wire and salvage stories from the team members.
I am occasionally brought up short by what I spot headed for landfill - these barbie dolls don't look right there.



Still enjoying finding old pin boards and marrying them with an image from my found book collection - this one was from an stamp album.
Franklin D  Roosevelt is quoted as saying "I owe my life to my hobbies, especially stamp collecting."



Another Goldfish frame - the box of memorabilia from the ex President of the British Goldfish Society just keeps on giving - one of my best collection for the residency.


No comments:

Post a Comment