Wednesday 2 May 2012

Frieze New York - Taryn Simon and Julianne Moore


 Up early to get into Moma for 9.30 to see the new Taryn Simon photography show titled A Living man declared dead and other chapters 1-18. She has travelled the world researching and recording bloodlines and their related stories - each story was fascinating and reflected the collision of territory, power, culture and religion.









One of my favourite stories was that of Leila Khaled, the first female hijacker.


Some other images from the photography gallery - Jules Spinatch


Stephen Shore

Gordon Matta Clark



Alexander Calder



The next gallery visit was supposed to be tour of the private Calder gallery in the 12th floor of an ordinary office block - I made it to the 12th floor after much negotiation with the man in the lobby only to find myself trapped with a vicious wolf in the small space between the lift and the locked gallery entrance - fortunately I had seen Grey, the Liam Neeson film, on the plane on the way over in which he is a professional wolf killer and an expert on how to protect yourself from attack - I quickly got out my swiss penknife and started to cut down branches to make a fire, all the time hoping that this was not the Alpha of the pack...




Anyway not even my VIP pass could get me and 5 others onto the tour so we left them to their wolves and coloured mobiles.
Walking back from midtown to Soho I was taken with images of Manhattan back entrances, rooms and passages.










Always hoping to chance upon film stars - unfortunately this shoot was for a Revlon commercial.





Atarting to get close to some real stars with these two images 





It was time for some lunch - big decision was whether to eat here 


Or here ...




Decided to have steak frites in Pastis in Meatpacking - glad I did as got to see a real film star ...













No comments:

Post a Comment