Saturday 16 October 2010

Frieze special - part two

Part two - more large scale photos


Always fancied owning a big Andreas Gursky photo - unfortunately these were around euro 200,000 for one of an edition of four.



Good joke on this Richard Prince painting - somewhat reminiscent of Jasper Johns -

" Last night I went to a bar and said to the bartender, surprise me.
He showed me a naked picture of my wife "

Thought this found sign plus painted additions was very effective - by Kris Martin



And painting on a photograph and then rephotographing it - by Florian Maier-Aichen



Clever portrait by Jenny Saville - lots of distortion and good use of one colour but it all seems to make sense.



And finally, my favourite of the show by Jane and Louise Wilson - the inside of a house in Chernobyl some 25 years after the disaster - frightening and yet beautiful at the same time.


1 comment:

  1. saville and wilsons, definitely my show faves

    ReplyDelete