Sunday 25 April 2010

Stranded

Still stuck in Carribean - on Island of Mustique, so no need to feel sorry for me.

Spent the second week trying in vain to record the mythical green flash when the sun sets on the horizon - for years it has been put down by my family to too many rum punches.

Some success in that Amanda saw it this time - I missed it as I was messing around with the settings on my camera. This is an image from another evening at Basil's Bar,



Not so much a green flash, more you've been Tangoed ...

One of the other highlights was seeing the recent tracks of a massive leatherback turtle on the beach early one morning. Not that we would have even known what we were looking at -but the previous week we had met Mick Jagger's physio on the beach - turns out he's a bit of a turtle expert and a keen conservationist. He said the tracks would like mini tractor tracks ..




He wasn't wrong.

Best I can do for a Stones related turtle track to finish off is 'Beast of Burden' - answers on a postcard please.

No comments:

Post a Comment